Sunday, December 23, 2007

Violet liner FOTD, OOTD

Decided to skip eyeshadow today and just go with liner and falsies. I got the inspiration for the eye look from an ABB member, hers was done with blue contacts and blue liner. I was in a hurry so face stuff was kept to bare minimum and the application here might look sloppy...

[Face]

- Everyday Minerals foundation in Light, Original-glo formula
- Everyday Minerals blush in All Smiles

[Eyes]

- Freshlook Colourblends contacts in Amethyst
- MAC pigment in Violet layered on outer 2/3 of lower lashline, applied wet with Visine
- Maybelline Line Stylist in Bright Highlight (pearl white) on inner 1/3 of lower lashline
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack on top lashline
- Ardell #108 falsies

[Lips]

- Blistex Ultra Protection SPF 30 lipbalm
- Guerlain KissKiss gloss in Fraises a Croquer


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


In retropect, I would rather have used a pink blush, I think it goes better with the pink gloss and the purple liner. The peachy shade looks out of place. Also definitely need to fill in my brows next time.

This was also the first time I've used pigments as a liner, and I think I need something that makes the pigment stick more. When I first got out of the house I was like "whoa" when checking my reflection, because the violet was just sooooooooo intensely violet. But after a couple hours the pigment started flaking off bit by bit :( These pictures were taken when I got home so the colour looks less intense. I remember getting a tip from an ABB member on using UDPP with eyeshadows to use them as liners, so I think I'll try that with the pigment next time.


Outfit of the day:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Nothing special, but I have to say I love those boots. They're one of the few pairs with a higher heel that I can still wear. I normally suck in walking in heels but these boots are an exception. I would wear these more often if there wasn't so much snow in Toronto :S Its always either too hot or too much snow to wear boots. These ones are suede so I can't afford to have them get wet in snow.

5 comments:

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

OMG! I LOVEEEE what you're wearing, and OMG those boots are too cute. :] Wow, I sound like a complete valley girl right now. LOL. You just have NO idea how much I love knee high boots. :D Anywho, thanks for stopping by. :] I love this FOTD too, the violet pigment as a liner looks GORGEOUS. this look is not over the top but still really pretty. :] Love it, I'll be linking you to my page, hope you don't mind. :D

watercoloursky said...

lol thanks! :D i love knee high boots too, wish I could wear them all the time.
and nope i don't mind at all go ahead :)

Anonymous said...

cuuuute outfit! isn't there like some type of spray you can use to waterproof your boots? i'll have to ask my friend about it cuz she waterproofed all her suede boots.

i'm can't get enough of Final Fantasy music hahaha especially the piano soundtrack! I have the sheet music to it and can play a little bit on the piano but I need more practice -__-"

na said...

Hi! Just dropping by to say hello. :) I found your blog linked from Stephie's.

I like the look, and the violet definitely pops! I've found that MAC's Water mixing medium really helps with applying pigments. Benefit has something similar, but I think it costs a lot more. And love the shoes!

watercoloursky said...

hey thanks for stopping by :) yeah after seeing how visine sucks with the pigments, i figure i might have to shell out the cash for the MAC or Benefit one after all. or maybe i'll try that home made version that was mentioned on ABB a couple months ago.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin