The mother-of-pearl inlay makes this palette stand out from other brands using the same design. It could've been better if they had used brushed metal instead of shiny metal though.
On the back label, it says the shadows do contain genuine pearl. I guess that contributes to the shimmer in the eyeshadows?
My colour descriptions:
- Off white-gold - great for highlighting under the browbone or inner corner of the eye
- Pale powder pink - for highlighting or on the inner 1/2 of the eye
- Medium rose pink - great all over lid colour
- Dark midnight blue - great for the outer 1/2 of the eye to contour, or in the crease. Would make a nice liner too.
- Vibrant green - another great all over the lid colour. Perfect for spring!
- Antique gold - this is the only shade I'm iffy about. It doesn't flatter my olive undertones when used all over the lid so I'll probably stick to using it for highlighting the inner corner of my eye.
I did two combinations on each eye below. These were done with Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base.
(sorry about stray brow hairs :/)
Green shade all over lid
Blue shade for outer corner
Gold shade in the innermost corner of the eye
Off white shade to highlight
Rose pink shade all over the lid
Gold on the outer corner
Pale pink on the innermost corner
Off white + pale pink colour to highlight
Overall, the shades are not very original, but I do like how varied the colours are. You could get several different types of looks out of this palette unlike the Stila Kitten palette which was mostly warm neutral shades with one sole shade of blue...