Sunday, August 16, 2009

sparkly things and foodie flings

Its been a while but I wanted to share pics of a lovely bracelet I bought from Audrie.



She thoughtfully included a whole bunch of DHC samples, and a cute note :D I love skincare samples especially for brands like DHC where I usually have to buy based on reviews without being able to test them out.

The bracelet - double strand of crystal and mother-of-pearl:

Photobucket

Photobucket


I also have been remiss in sharing food pictures from the recent Summerlicious event in Toronto. Summerlicious is a prix fixe (fixed price) event held by several restaurants twice a year - during winter its called Winterlicious. During the event (which runs for about 3 weeks), they offer a special 3 course menu for a price below what you'd normally pay at their restaurant.

Based on raves from foodie friends I decided to try Far Niente, Mistura, and Senses. I'll have to post on Mistura and Senses later as I don't have all the pictures now but here's the pictures from Far Niente:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Appetizer:
Caprese Salad with Fior di Latte and Crispy Capicollo
Photobucket

I'd never had a Caprese salad before, so from the word "salad" I was actually expecting more greens than cheese, haha. It was good though! I love cheese :D

Bf had the Roasted Tomato Soup with Black Olive Oil Croutons - can't go wrong!

Photobucket

Main course:
Roasted Lamb Sirloin with Faro Ratatouille, Harissa
Photobucket

The bf and me both ordered the same thing and loved it!. Medium rare, just the way we like it, with seasoned brown rice underneath. Only thing I did not like was the rather strong cumin taste in the red sauce.

Dessert:
Chocolate Tartufo, Chocolate Sauce
Photobucket

Good stuff - kinda like a coffee flavoured ice cream dessert :) Bf had the mixed sorbets which we didn't take any pictures off because he said its just ice cream....lol. (He doesn't get why people take pictures of food...sigh)

I must say though the restaurant service was impeccable. The waiter was extremely attentive and impressed the bf (not an easy thing) so we both left happy. Definitely recommended if you're looking for a pleasant comfortable restaurant with excellent service!

14 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

that's a huge serving of chese for a "salad"! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for making me hungry 30minutes before lunch time! :)

Rae // theNotice said...

Hey girl!! I'm crawling back from the blog-dead... god that was a long vacation! x.x

Anyhow -- Summerlicious sounds amazing. I wish we had something like that in Edmonton!! Your meal looks like it was absolutely divine.

<3 the bracelet, by the way. And the new blog layout! (That's how long I've been gone. A very. long. time.)

I'll just, uhm, stop my super-long comment now -.-

Cris said...

Red & white...Pretty :D.

(To be honest, I don't get why people photograph food either XD. Unless it's arranged well, or something...)

Shop N' Chomp said...

What a beautiful bracelet. :) And the food looks divine! I love prixe fixe menus.

izumi said...

mmmmmmmmmm food :)

oh! you were the one that snagged my namesake bracelet xD hehehe. it looks gorg!

Fabulously Thrifty said...

I just had lunch but those pics totally made me hungry again!

Anonymous said...

The bracelet is super adorable, and the dishes look super yummy! :p

Catherine said...

Pretty shiny things! And I LOVE your food pics!! lol at your BF. Mine is much the same way - he's always like "but the food always looks the same!" They just don't get it. =P

mayaari said...

lovely bracelet from Audrie!

mmm caprese salad...one of my favorites in the summer, I love how all you need is some good mozzarella, basil, tomato, and some olive oil :) your dessert looks really yummy!

MiuMiu said...

sucks that i missed out on summerlicious this year. the food looks so tasty! i hope you post some senses ones soon, i loooove their cakes so much

ChyiX2 said...

The chocolate tartufo looks so good! Haha, my friends don't get me either when I take pictures of food ^^

BALLET NEWS said...

Hi, I wanted to leave you a coment to say that you have the coolest blog ! Great pictures and you write really interesting posts. Thanks so much for sharing it and best wishes - have a great week...

Daituf said...

Hi Hi!
Been a long time fan of your blog, but always reading never commenting...
I've finally been inspired enough to start a blog also!
Now I can participate more actively in the the beauty blogger community :)
So feel free to check out my blog, thanks!

http://iwannaworkforjuddapatow.blogspot.com/

haha, it's kind of a random name

Yumeko said...

gorgeous bracelet

and amazing looking FOOOOD!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin