Saturday, October 24, 2009
Quick review: Sana Namerakahonpo Cleansing Oil
Soymilk cleansing oil removes makeup thoroughly, leaving skin soft and supple. Quickly blends with water-proof mascara and makeup in clogged pores and removes makeup thoroughly at once.
At 1000yen for 120mL, its one of the most affordable oil cleansers I've come across. I bought mine from Adam Beauty for US$13.50. DHC would cost $15.00 for the same quantity, while MAC would cost $16.80.
Comes in a convenient pump bottle which doesn't look half bad on your bathroom sink. There is a clip on ring around the pump that you can keep to prevent the pump from being pressed accidentally (resulting in product leakage) when not in use.
- easy way to remove base makeup and eyeshadow thoroughly
- packaging is quite nice for a drugstore product
- fragrance free
- does not remove some types of waterproof mascara completely
- mineral oil based (but then so is Shu Uemura's oil)
- may not clean enough to be a cleanser by itself, I definitely needed to use a separate face wash afterward.
Great make-up remover for anyone on a budget. Just be prepared to supplement it with a good waterproof eye makeup remover and facial wash as this won't do it all.