Sunday, March 7, 2010

Painted Love

Annabelle's newest release for Spring is the Painted Love collection:



The promo image is very pastel and fitting for spring. In fact the colours on the model remind me of the China Glaze Up and Away nailpolishes!

The new releases are 4 new single eyeshadows in Helium, Pinked, Toxic Garden and Nymphet. Thanks to Annabelle I was provided with the 4 colours to swatch and test out. Here are the closeups:

Helium
Annabelle

Pinked
Annabelle

Toxic Garden
Annabelle

Nymphet
Annabelle


Swatches:
Annabelle

Pinked - reddish pink, very fine shimmer
Helium - beige champagne, shimmer is a bit less fine than the others
Toxic Garden - light olive with gold tinged shimmer
Nymphet - pastel mint, with a slight sheen. It looks like a eyeshadow version of China Glaze Re-fresh Mint!


Here they are arranged in the custom Annabelle quad (sold separately):

Annabelle

Annabelle


The Annabelle website also features another take on these colours - the Remix look:



Its more wearable than the promo, and the winged liner is gorgeous! However I still think the original promo is much more memorable :)

If you are like me and love checking out multiple reviews here are some that I've spotted around the web:

Rae @ The Notice (gorgeous swatches girl!)
Rasilla
Sparkled Beauty

Stay tuned for a look featuring these colours! Speaking of which have you bought any Spring makeup recently? Do share!

P.S: I almost forgot to mention that you can enter to win these colours on their Facebook page!

Or if you're impatient, there is a $2 off coupon which works for all Annabelle products and is good til end of this month!

They also have a Painted Love Spring look contest going on for the month of March - enter to win a $50 gift basket!

10 comments:

izumi said...

spring indeed! very pretty :)

*Anita* said...

i love their first promo image and all the colours in it! it's the perfect depiction of Spring i think. it really gives me a Spring feeling <3

thanks for the swatches girl! xx

Jenn @ So Very Fabulous said...

Pretty colours! I love the promo pics for this.

MyLifeMits said...

Ooo the Nymphet looks good, well actually I like all of them! Can't wait to see the colours in use :)

Catherine said...

Ooh, I love the promo looks for this!

Anonymous said...

the colours are gorgeous! im trying to get my hands on more brighter, colourful colours to wear too!

AskMeWhats said...

the promo photo looks super fabulous :)

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

Thanks for the link hun :-) I'm feeling so Spring-y, lol

Anonymous said...

I used Nyx Jumbo in Yellow. I hardly have a tru use for it, so I used it for the base on these guys. worked pretty well because it is bright to start off with :)

I was kinda sad that the balmshell logo wasnt on the other two as well. Was the first thing I noticed :( but I guess its one of the reasons why it is being discontinued? *shrug*

Rae // theNotice said...

Aww, thanks for the shout-out my dear! I'm super OCD about my photos, so I'm glad you liked the swatches ^^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin