Monday, August 9, 2010

Blue Slush

Did my nails over the weekend using the following 2 colours:

Photobucket

- Del Sol nail polish in Electrick as the base, 2-3 coats
- Claire glitter polish in Glam for the gradient glitter tips


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Del Sol polish is supposed to change colour in the sun to a green shade, but it didn't work for me and I'm not sure why :( I wonder if either the sun was not intense enough this weekend, or the top coat I used (Seche Vite) was intefering with the process.

In any case I haven't been too impressed with the wear on the Del Sol polishes. I noticed that the polish dents and chips easily. The formula on Electrick also shows up streaky easily due to the metallic finish. I found I had to be careful with application to prevent the brush strokes from being too obvious. Still not convinced I'll repurchase these polishes!

12 comments:

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

Aww, it sucks that Electrik didn't work. Maybe try again without the top coat (but I hate waiting for it to dry without the fast dry top coat). The glitter tips are fun though

Unknown said...

i totally understand what you mean about the chipping and everything i havent tried this brand though..... but i think i'll just stay away from it cuz it chips other than that what you did with is OMG i looove it but im bad a applying nail polish so..... lets leave it at tht but its soo pretty!!!:)

AskMeWhats said...

Super pretty shade!

Mariana said...

yes! I noticed your nails at the brunch but was a bit too shy to say anything :P they look pretty!!

Unknown said...

i also have the same del sol one except mine is in pink. It's so fun watching the colors change in the sunlight.

Anonymous said...

super pretty! I gotta dig out my glitter polishes soon XD

Unknown said...

I am not a fan of Claires' stuff but i think you did a fab job with your nails!

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

HEY THOSE SHADES ARE REALLY ATTRACTIVE....I SAW YOUR BLOG JUST NOW AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL..CHECK OUT MINE.HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY IT

Aradani said...

too bad the polish isn't repurchase worthy. it's really pretty tho!

izumi said...

love the glitter tips :D

Carissa said...

gosh, I love the blue color!

Anonymous said...

The shimmer is really pretty, but I wouldn't use the blue. D: Don't repurchse! lol :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin