Climatik is Marcelle's line generally targeted for use during outdoor activities, particularly during the cold winter months. However, the Climatik Lip Balm is one of the products from the line that you may wish to have on hand all year long. It is one of the few drugstore lip balms that contain SPF 30, not to mention UVA and UVB protection.
The packaging is similar to La Roche Posay and Vichy's lip balm sunscreen.
It has a retractable mechanism which allows you to apply the lipbalm with one hand, quite useful for on the go.
The balm is colourless as you can see however I found that depending on how much you apply there might be a slight white cast, due to the sunscreen ingredients.
What I liked
- Higher SPF protection
- Sunscreen ingredients offer both UVA and UVB protection. Most balms just have UVB
- Priced better than other known brands with similar products ($6.95 for 4g tube)
- Protects lips as it claims
- Whitish cast lightens lip colour - I could use this as a base to make lip colours pop more (similar to MAC Lip Erase)
What I didn't like
- it left a slight whitish cast, which is ok if you're using lipstick over it but would look funny on its own
- no tinted shades available. I think that would fix the issue with the white cast.
Great buy if you are looking for a sunscreen for lips higher than SPF 15. However best used under another lip colour due to the whitish cast of the sunscreen.