Sunday, September 4, 2011

Shoe shopping: Luxury Rebel gladiator style heels

I've never been one to always wear heels daily. Other than occasional events such as wedding dinners I'm more of a runners and flip flops girls in a regular basis. However, the past few months I've been wanting to inject more grown up elements into my style, ie swapping hoodies and sneakers for blazers/cardigans instead.

So last month I was wandering the shoe racks at Winners while waiting for a table to free up at Cora's for brunch. The bf picked these out and they looked pretty good when I tried them on, so home they went with me! I've always been wary of shoes that cut off at the ankles as I don't want my already short legs to look shorter but these don't really have that problem.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You might notice I've already added insoles to cushion them. I have pretty lousy feet in that they are wide, and somewhat flat so they hurt in heels after several hours, but these heels have felt comfortable so far. I still wouldn't wear them for more than several hours at a time, and most likely only on weekends when the activities involve less walking.

Also, I found these shoes to be slippery as there was no real traction on the sole, so I added adhesive sole grips (Sole Stopperz) which did the trick.

Photobucket

Before I read about stick-on sole grips I always thought my only option for slippery shoes was to get a resole, but that can add to the cost of the shoe. I still don't understand why shoe designers make shoes without proper treads on the sole though - are they being cheap, or simply sadistic?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The shoe grippers are AWESOME! I need to get some of those. I have various pairs with no grips... designers are evil when they do that!

Cinnabunnie said...

those heels are smokin' ;) U gotta love winners. if u go in at the right time u can find treasures!

Jamilla Camel said...

LOVE those sandals! Yes, shoe grippers are a MUST with designer shoes!

Shop N' Chomp said...

Haha...they're probably being both cheap and sadistic. :P I use those sole grips too.

Love the intricate design on your shoes! Definitely perfect for a more sophisticated look. :D

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Cheap.

Everything is done to lower the cost of everything.

They look great!

cushy said...

nice heel sandals. i just got a pair similar to yours. check out my blog.

what's winners?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin