Saturday, November 24, 2007

asian food!

Some food from last weekend:

Japanese Curry: with chicken, onions, potatoes, carrots, spinach


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Easy stuff....because I cheated :P and used those awesome Japanese curry paste blocks, which I got from an Asian supermarket here. All I had to add were the meat and veggies. Used the Glico brand this time, but I much prefer the S&B Golden Curry brand. Reason being the S&B one somehow seems more concentrated and thus more curry flavour than the Glico one.



Thai Chicken in Coconut Milk Soup: (forget the Thai name for it...I think its Tom Kah Kai.)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was from scratch. Turned out okay, but there is a lot of coconut milk in the soup though...so it feels very creamy and rich. I doubt anyone could eat more than one bowl of it at a time. Made this from one of my Thai cookbooks, New Thai Cuisine by Nathan Hyam. I don't know yet if I like this book. It got good reviews on Amazon.com, but when I tried the green curry recipe, man that didn't taste good....the green curry paste tasted pretty bitter, which is very weird for a green curry. After adding the meat and veggies to the curry it did taste better but its definitely not a recipe I'd use again. There is another book I have, Quick and Easy Thai Cuisine, which has a wayyyy better green curry paste recipe so I'll be sticking to that in the future!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin