Friday, November 16, 2007

breaking an addiction...

Freakishly tired right now, probably because I slept around 12am but had to wake up at 6am to get ready for work.

Anyway I've been thinking about stopping this whole makeup hobby. Its just taking up a lot of money and time. I can waste hours reading makeup related sites, which only lead me to want more and more makeup which I don't need. The thing though is that now its more than just a hobby, its become somewhat of a stress relief, a break from real life. Makeup actually helps me relax because it gives me something else to think about other than whatever's bothering me at the moment.

I really need to start focusing my energy on the things I always wanted, and still want. Just that they've been pushed to the back burner for the past year or so.

So this post is sorta a way to motivate myself to get back on track with some of my long term goals, which are:

1. To own a comfortable, modern, spacious yet manageable apartment.

2. To be able to drive whereever I want and not be limited by my inexperience in driving.

3. To find something I really enjoy doing (like a possible alternative to my current job field)


And since all these goals involve money in some way, one of the things I would have to do is get back into the habit of saving money, which I haven't been doing for like 6 months now....or more. I used to be a huge saver, I could be quite stingy with myself a lot. But now its like....I see some makeup I like, and bam! i go and buy it the very next weekend. And if I don't get it, I obsess over it until I get it. Man, I gotta get out of this habit before it becomes a long term addiction.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin