Friday, November 16, 2007

More MAC

Just finished watching Ratatouille on Blu-ray. I actually like the movie, didn't think I would. Watched it since the bf wanted to get it, as the Blu-ray version apparently got super high reviews, the picture quality was apparently flawless....etc etc :P i guess i should admit the picture did look pretty darn clear, and the plot was interesting, wasn't at all a kids movie (which I was afraid of. I don't go for kids movies normally).

Anyways, I picked up the Cool pigment set from MAC today:

From left to right: Forest Green, Softwash Grey, Naval Blue, Helium, Reflects Blue Glitter

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The description per MAC Cosmetics Online is:

Helium, a light pink with red duochrome; Softwash Grey, a grey with purple pearl; Naval Blue, a subdued frosted navy blue; and Forest Green Pigments, a dark green with silver frost; and Reflects Blue Glitter, a very fine particle glitter that flashes violet blue.

But to be honest, these colours dissappointed me a bit. I was expecting the blue and the green to be a richer, more intense blue, and more intense green. Probably going to put it aside for a bit, and see if I can live with returning it.

See swatches below - the colours just aren't showing up good. And it doesn't help that I had to take these pics with flash too, since by the time I got home it was already dark and there isn't any good lighting in this place at all.

From left to right: Forest Green, Softwash Grey, Naval Blue, Helium, Reflects Blue Glitter

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also picked up the full size MAC 194 concealer brush. Was trying to decide between this and the NARS concealer brush, but figured I'd try the MAC and see since the bristles seem softer. Also the brush is slimmer than the NARS one, so it looks like it'd fit well around the undereyes.

Also I just have to say I'm annoyed at myself for going to MAC today, because at the counter I saw the Warm lipglass set, and now I'm craving it. The colours look very wearable on me, not something that I feel often when checking out lipglosses. Most lipglosses disinterest me because they usually are too sheer and I know they'll all look like clear gloss if I were to wear them. But that set is so pretty, and I really want Ornamental lustreglass :(

On another note, I picked up The Body Shop Shimmerwaves in Blush last weekend, as I had $10 off as part of their membership.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Its similar to Sephora's Luminous rose trio, and the same price, but has more product for your money. Swatched it and basically its a light pink with silvery shimmer, more suited for lighter skintones.

Anyway thats it. I got to get to bed for work, sigh.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin