Monday, February 9, 2009

Paul and Joe Disney collection

The collection consists of 4 items: two face powders, a lip gloss, and hand cream.

Photobucket

Photobucket



1. Face Powder (Flower)
Baby pink colour with fine sparkles. Swatches smoothly with moderate to sheer pigmentation. The pearls are a uniform pink colour unlike the stock picture...that was the only disappointing part about the product.

Photobucket


2. Face Powder (Bambi)
Warm peach colour with fine sparkles. Texture doesn't seem as nice as the pink powder, it was harder to get it to swatch evenly and smoothly. Pigmentation is also on the sheer side. The pearls are a uniform brownish peach colour in the container, but the colour when applied is lighter.

Photobucket


Face powder swatches

The colour shows up better in this picture but doesn't show the sparkles/shimmer in the product:
Photobucket

Here you can see the sparkles more clearly:
Photobucket


3. Milky Lip Treatment (Marie from the Aristocrats)
Pale milky pink, semi-sheer. Slightly sticky but not that much. Even though its called a treatment I find it feels more like gloss than a lipbalm or cream.

Photobucket

Photobucket


4. Protective Hand Cream (Lady)
Orange scented, feels more like lotion - the texture is thinner than what I would've expected from a product that is called a cream.

Photobucket


Overall: I love the packaging! If you are a collector you should get the whole set as they are unbelievably cuter in person :) However everything is pretty dupeable in terms of shades so there isn't anything that is an absolute must have. Also, I found the product shades to be better suited for paler skintones. If you just want to try an item I'd recommend the pink face powder as that feels the nicest in terms of product quality.

Where to buy: The cheapest price I've seen for them online is on Asos but there is no tracking number. These can also be found at Gooddealer at a higher price, but the benefit is that Gooddealer uses registered mail.

23 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Woah you got everything! Hahaha. Nice!

Aradani said...

lol isn't the skunk's name "Flower"? I was like "Stinky Face Powder?? they really named it that???"

I would love to own the face powders, but I know I only really do for its adorable packaging. I know it's weird, but thanks so much for honestly saying that they are easily dupable and better for lighter skintones since I'm poor and dark hahaha. I just found out the other day I'm an NC40 and I'm at LIGHTEST right now. gah...

I'd love to see an fotd with these babies at work though! (lol let me live vicariously through you!)

watercoloursky said...

aradani: LOL yea you're right! HAHAHA I confused him with something else...damm. Changed it :P Thanks for letting me know early :D

fuzkittie: yea...I couldn't resist :P

AskMeWhats said...

eeekk those are too cute! :D

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

oh nice review, i think the Flower Face powder is actually really pigmented! Try using a mini kabuki, it really picked up a lot of colours for me!

Anonymous said...

ooooh how pretty!! I'm kind of glad to hear that they are easily dupable and nothing special because that totally kills my lemmings, especially for those pretty balls! lol.

Grayburn said...

These are all too adorable! The lip treatment looks like it has great texture. It looks like it might pale a lip a little?

x Grayburn

Anonymous said...

so cute!
omg you make me so jealous with all these cute makeup stuff!
lol great haul~

Laura L said...

these are cute and gives pretty color on you.. love it <3

Rae // theNotice said...

*dies a little inside*

I have been lemming the Flower face powder forever but I just can't part with $40 for it! (I found a store that sells Paul and Joe in Edmonton, which is both wonderful and terrible, lol!)

I'm running away from the computer to go cry in a small, dark corner now... =D

iamgrape1119 said...

AWW! I love Lady and Bambi!! I'm a sucka for cute packaging! Enjoy your goodies!!

Angie said...

It's such a cute little collection! I'm currently in love with my pink skunk blush! =)

Anonymous said...

awww the packaging is super adorable <3 it brings me back to my younger days when I used to watch like a different disney movie each night before bed haha

Ashleigh said...

Love the Bambi face color...I just noticed you are in Toronto ;)...

jewels said...

In answer your Shiseido
Bio-Performance Super Eye Contour Cream Q, I haven't used it long enough to actually see winkles "straighten out" lol. I am trying to get rid of that eye bag wrinkle with this. I jsut find it that it helps my puffy eye bags, when i don't get enough sleep. I think b/c i use it off and on, I can't really tell if my wrinkle is getting better. I am also trying this in other areas of my face then around the eye (such as my forehead wrinkle). I gotta see in a couple of months. Maybe you should see if you are able to get a sample from the Shisedo counter, or from Sephora?

Angie said...

Awww I hope some of the products work for you then! I really love the Nars cream =)

Swatches are up!

cheryl said...

this collection looks like fun, though it's not necessary things i particularly need...

cheryl said...

this collection looks like fun, though it's not necessary things i particularly need...

theChas said...

Packaging is ADORABLE! Aww Disney...I so not miss working for you, haha. ;P

XPPINKXX said...

hey doll

yeah i just came back from NY and i got some paul and joe stuff...sadly when i went to bergdorfs alot of stuff was sold out so im buying the rest online...i cant wait to try the primer and foundation...i have heard such insane reviews of paul and joe...since i bought three things i want the whole line now....gahhhhhh!

alien man?! said...

No! I didn't get my ebates, either, and I'm pretty annoyed b/c this is the first time they've been late!!! I wonder if it's b/c my ebates racked up bigger than usual. I sent them an e-mail a few days ago and I'm waiting to either hear back from them or get my damn money. That's $70 they owe me!!!!

Anonymous said...

thats so cute!

sugabum said...

The packaging for the P&J stuff is so cute! I would get it, but I'm on a total money crunch. And it totally sucks that you got all pink balls. False advertising man!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin