Here's what I got from that Sephora order I made to make use of the Benefit gift with purchase:
But first, about the GWP - it was actually nicer than I had expected. It was a large cosmetic case that would have actually held all the stuff I ordered plus the GWP items :P
Cheesy Benefit girl-doll on the cover
Its huge and comes with brush pockets too to store brushes on the go! Perfect for a long haul trip.
The stuff inside: Badgal mascara in blue, Benefit Rush Hour, California Kissin' lipgloss, and a super retro-cheesy huge satin shower cap...hahaha
To get the GWP, I ordered the Benefit Girls Night In set (which is on sale online for $38 instead of $48 btw!)
It contains two cream shadows: Birthday Suit, Strut, and Benefit lipstick in Lady's Choice. It also included a brush and 3 fridge magnets but I can't locate the pics at the moment :/ I'll post more detailed pics and swatches when I do a review on the set.
The new Lorac In the Pink set, it comes in the black cosmetic bag in the top picture, and contains the following:
Pink Python palette (reminds me of the Snake Charmer palette!)
Lorac Visual Effects mascara
Eyeliner/shadow pencil in Pink Diamond
Mini Mocktail in Sex on the Beach
The colours are a little brighter than your usual Lorac palette, another reason why I wanted to try it. Also I think its a pretty good deal because this set was priced the same as a normal Lorac palette costs, but it includes 3 extra items and the cosmetic bag. It shows on Sephora that it is an online exclusive only.
Also ordered the Korres Love your lips set
I'm actually not sure if I want to keep this yet so I'm not opening it for now. Its a great deal for $38 but I do tend to neglect my lipglosses so maybe I should save the money for something else.
I also did a swap with Joanna for her Smashbox tokidoki quad. She included a TON of chocolates, so much that I felt bad for not including more in mine!
The above pic shows only 1/3 of the chocolates remaining...
As usual it was the packaging that drew me in:
Quick tag game from Chi (Chyix2) Audrie, and Katie!
What is your current obsession?
- Short hair! I want to do something drastic with my hair, and cut it short but I don't know where's a good place to get it done.
What is your weirdest obsession?
- I really can't think of any that are weird enough for this question! Maybe my obsession with Chris Martin (of Coldplay)? Haha :D
What are you wearing today?
- black Forever 21 tee and grey knee length shorts. It was too hot for anything else :P
What’s your favorite comfort food?
- chocolate, if I want something sweet, or oreo ice cream sandwiches / McD's cones if its hot. If I'm craving something savoury its cream of chicken soup with some pasta added to it :)
What would make today special?
- flowers :)
What would you like to learn to do?
- Cook amazingly well
What’s the last thing you bought?
- A whole bunch of makeup from Anna's blog sale
What are you listening to right now?
- an old rerun of CSI on TV
What is your favorite weather?
- Sunny and balmy but not humid. 15-20 degrees C is the best! My skin hates anything else.
What is your most challenging goal right now?
- Moving forward in my job
What do you think about the person who tagged you?
- I would love to meet all of them! I've only ever known them online through ABB and blogging, and they sound like they lead such interesting lives! :)
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Most likely Japan :)
What would you like to have in your hands at right now?
- Key to the above home and a winning lottery ticket :P
If you could swap lives with anyone for one day who would it be & why?
- Natalie Portman, she's gorgeous but still seems so down to earth.
If you would go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
- Hong Kong / Japan to shop, haha
Which language do you wanna learn?
- I used to want to learn French when I was younger, but these days I'd rather learn another Asian language - maybe Korean. Or if I could speak all the Chinese dialects that'd be pretty good too.
What do you look for in a friend?
- Someone loyal and dependable
Who do you want to meet in person?
What’s your favorite type of music?
- Soundtracks - eg the ones from Miyazaki's films and some animes.
What’s your dream job?
- Designing makeup :P I would love to be the people who come up with concepts, colours, and packaging for makeup collections.
Any favorite model?
- Gemma Ward
If you had $100 now what would you spend on it?
- Put it towards my vacation this year, if I find someplace to go
Things you wish you could change in the past?
- Listening to my parents too much when I was a kid....lol. I think things would've be a whole lot more exciting if I had been a bit more rebellious.
Fashion Pet Peeve?
- When people wear super short shorts and a skimpy tee all at the same time - its too much skin all at once and just looks trashy! And they usually wear it with rubber flip flops...
Do you admire anyone’s stye?
- Karla and Melissa, I love what they wear, wish I had the guts to do so!
Describe your personal style.
- Girly / tomboyish depending on my mood
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Chocolate + more chocolate
What’s your favorite makeup brand?
- I really don't have a single favourite because I love trying out different brands from high to low end. But the brand that probably gets most of my money is still MAC...
Do you get enough beauty sleep? yes or no? why?
- No, because I'm a night owl by nature but I have to get to work earlier than most.
Why did you start your (beauty) blog?
- I was getting a little bored at ABB at the time and needed a place to post whatever I wanted, so decided to have my own blog.