Tuesday, April 13, 2010
L'oreal Lash Boost Serum
The applicator is basically a curved stick, without any bristles (unlike the Ardell version)
According to the info I received with the product, it should be worn twice a day, with results expected after 40 days. It can be worn under mascara as well, in fact L'oreal has a specific lash boosting mascara to go with this serum.
- Applicator was easy to use
- Product seems to last longer (Ardell's would start going bad after a month)
- Results after 40 days (though the changes are subtle)
- Contains alcohol - stings if you get any into your eye but it is unlikely
- Applicator sometimes leaves clumps that need to be wiped off
- If clumps are not wiped off will dry off to a white colour - making it look like your lashes have white dust on them.
- Product cannot stand on its end unlike mascaras (base is not flat)
Here's the proof - but be warned, there are some scary naked eye pictures ahead! :P
Lashes look slightly longer and thicker:
Side view shows the very slight increase in length:
Overall the results are quite subtle, but noticeable if you do a before and after picture comparison. The improvement wasn't that dramatic, so I think that's why the product isn't openly advertised as being able to lengthen lashes, but just as a 'boost'.
What do you think of the results? Would you try this?