Friday, June 18, 2010

Bourjois So Delicate Lip Cream

Late last year I indulged in a 'little' Asos.com fix with some Bourjois products. Picked up their Lip Creams in two shades: Rose Veloute, and Rose Poudre, as well as the LE blush from their Asos exclusive collection.

I found the lip creams to be rather unique, so I thought these should be reviewed in more depth here:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Swatches on skin

Left to right: Rose Veloute, Rose Poudre
Photobucket

These lip creams go on creamy but dry to a matte, opaque finish. They have the faint rose smell typically found in most Bourjois products, which you either love or hate :)


53 Rose Veloute

Photobucket

Neutral brown. Very similar to Korres Guava Lipstick in 34 Nude, and MAC's Mattene lipstick in Flattering (LE from 2007)


51 Rose Poudre

Photobucket

Medium rosey pink. Looks like a matte version of Chanel Rouge Allure Laque #76 Ming


What I love about these:
- Good pigmentation and coverage.
- Excellent range of colours (check them out here)


What I don't like so much:

- Will emphasize dryness so it is best used on exfoliated or moisturized lips.
- Doe's foot applicator - not as sanitary as a lipstick, but then most liquid lipsticks come in this format, including Chanel.


Overall:

I would recommend these if you are looking for matte, highly pigmented lip colours :)

5 comments:

izumi said...

oohoooo i love the rose color! too bad it exaggerates dryness, but your lips look great to me :)

Jess said...

Rose Poudre looks so pretty! You are right, reminds me of Chanel Rouge allure Laque #76 Ming, which I have, but have neglected it so much. :/

Your lips are sooo beautifully shaped (did I say this before?)! :)

AskMeWhats said...

both shade looks gorgeous on your lips! My favorite is Rose Veloute!!!!

watercoloursky said...

I bought this from www.asos.com

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Blue! I love both of them on you :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin