Thursday, June 3, 2010

the Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

Photobucket

The applicator is a traditional brush style:

Photobucket

I do like the formula, it has the perfect consistency. Some mascaras that are too wet like L'oreal Voluminous are messy to apply for me. Drier formulas like Too Faced Lash Injection are so dry they barely coat my lashes properly. However, the Mary Kay formula is just right, coating my lashes easily without any clumps. The brush is also quite good at separating my lashes, creating a natural but better look.

Here are some pictures to show you what I mean:

Before - curled, bare lashes

Photobucket

After - with 1.5 coats of mascara. It looks natural, but slightly longer and more defined.

Photobucket

I used it by itself without any lash primer underneath, and it kept my curl properly without making lashes droop at all.

Photobucket


Pros
- clump free
- traditional brush wand is gentle on eyes unlike some others with plastic bristles
- does not smudge on me even without a waterproof claim
- holds my curl, doesn't weigh lashes down at all

Cons
- not for you if you want dramatic, fake lashes type of look
- does not claim to be waterproof

5 comments:

Connie De Alwis said...

looks quite good! You have so many lashes! :D The mascara seems to naturally enhance their appearance and holding up the curl will make all the difference

Shop N' Chomp said...

Wow, it's been a while since I've read about this brand. I love how natural looking it is on you. :)

izumi said...

ooooo your lashes look great! :)

Arianne said...

Wow a curling non-waterproof mascara. I thought nothing like this exists! I don't like using waterproof unless I absolutely have to, so something like this is nice to have.

Does it wash off easily with just face wash? I have a MAC mascara that just melts off with my face wash, so I've been kinda spoiled lately. :P

fuzkittie said...

Not bad!! as long as it doesn't weigh lashes down!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin