Monday, July 12, 2010

Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer & Treatment

I've been testing Eve Pearl's famed Salmon concealer for a bit now. It hasn't quite unseated Cargo blu-ray as my favourite undereye concealer, however I am impressed enough to keep using the product!

Photobucket


It comes in a sleek, compact black case with mirror inside.

Photobucket


Surprisingly it is marketed as a night treatment as well as concealer, though I personally haven't and wouldn't try leaving it on at night since I don't want to risk clogging my pores.

Photobucket


You can see below how well the colour blends in and brighens up the dark areas:

Before
Photobucket

After
Photobucket


Before
Photobucket

After
Photobucket


The colour suits my NC20-25 skintone flawlessly once blended in. The coverage is one of the best I've seen from an undereye concealer. It also helps that it is a cream concealer rather than a liquid one, which tends to be less pigmented.

However, there are some drawbacks of this concealer that prevent it from attaining HG (Holy Grali) status. The concealer, due to its creamy nature tends to settle into undereye lines. Setting it with some powder after seems to help a little, but doesn't completely prevent the creasing. Also you do have to be careful not to apply too much or it will appear cakey, emphasizing any bumps or fine lines in the area.

Overall, I would recommend this concealer if you don't have too many undereye lines but have noticeable dark circles to cover. Just be prepared to set this with powder or it may crease.

By the way, I spotted Makeup by RenRen's post on the upcoming Eve Pearl sale which might be a good deal for anyone looking to try the line! Eve Pearl isn't easily available in Toronto except through IMATS and online...so check it out if you're interested.

P.S. Last couple of days to enter my giveaway for a Skincare Rx $75 gift certificate!

6 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I've read so much about this for a year plus now, heard great stuffs, that's why I settled for SkinFood Salmon Concealer because this is not available down here :)

Unknown said...

Night treatment and concealer? I've never heard of that either. It looks like it has great coverage though.

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

Hate the fine lines part :( I do have that issue with my eyes. Yeah 50% off was great until you add shipping lol

Anonymous said...

the skin under my eye isn't smooth. it is slightly bumpy...so it really didn't sit well on my skin. though I did like that it concealed somewhat decently, and still fit my colouring though it was fairly light.

MyLifeMits said...

Thanks for the review :) Kind of sucks about the fine lines though =\

Mona said...

i'm a big fan of this concealer but i haven't tried the cargo concealer you mentioned yet :P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin