Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sally Hansen Crackle Polish - Fuchsia Shock

Its been a shockingly busy week for me...I started classes on Monday the 2nd, and have been spending entire days either in class, doing readings, writing papers or working on business simulations. But luckily I did a lot of photo editing for posts over the break, so I just need to write the words!

So I've been staying clear of the crackle nailpolish bandwagon, mostly because I couldn't really see how to combine colours with the crackle effect and also because I rarely do my nails. However my friend recently gifted me with a Sally Hansen Crackle polish in Fuchsia Shock so it was time to try it out.

Photobucket


I got some suggestions on twitter and ended up going with purple holo for my first pairing attempt. I used 2 coats of Milani 3D Holo in Hi Res, and once dry used Fuchsia Shock on top.

Photobucket

It looks better in pictures than in real life for some reason...I wasn't loving it much while wearing it, and ended up removing it in 2 days. I had used a medium to thin coat of crackle polish, so I think thats why the crackle effect isn't as much and tends to be more vertical. The thicker the coat the more horizontal crackle appeared.

Photobucket


Sooo...have you ever used a crackle polish? If so do you have a favourite to recommend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the Black Shatter by OPI on sale...and have only used it on one finger, as an accent. I just can't dea with it being on all fingers! lol

maybe its just a little too bright, so it isn't to your liking? Maybe just a small french mani? Or do what I do and just do one finger~

Fashionable Memories said...

I love OPI Crackle polish!!! I really enjoy reading your blog posts!!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thank you so much in advance!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin