Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Annabelle Smudgeliner in Plummed

Annabelle Smudgeliners...a lot has been said about them, all positive. Having finally had the chance to review Plummed, I have nothing to contradict others either.

Once you take the product out of the box you will notice it has a different packaging from other drugstore gel liners.

Photobucket

Photobucket


The uniqueness of the Smudgeliner is that the brush comes off the pot cap and assembles to form an almost-full-size brush (see Marcelle pencil liner for size reference:

Photobucket
Photobucket


Brush close-up. The brush is gentle on the eyelid, and has the right about of give and flexibility. However the one I had did have a few misaligned fibres, which made it a bit more challenging to draw a fine line with.

Photobucket


Here are the ingredients for Plummed:

Photobucket


A swatch of Plummed. It shows up as a blackened warm purple, tending more black in low lighting and more purple when angled a certain way.

Photobucket


As a liner it looks more like an off black than purple, but I feel the purple tones serve to accentuate brown eyes still, just very subtly. It is a lot less harsh than straight black.

Photobucket


Just for fun, a size comparison vs other liners. From L-R, Annabelle Smudgeliner, Kanebo Kate, Maybelline Studio, MAC Fluidline, L'Oreal HIP.

Photobucket

Out of the above, the Smudgeliner is truly the tinest of them all!


Annabelle Plummed vs Kate Gel Liner in PU-1

Photobucket

I had a similar colour from my Japanese makeup collection from Kate, so I swatched both to see if ther was a difference. The Kate gel liner contains more black in it and is also drier than the Smudgeliner, which has a wet, creamy texture which serves well as a cream shadow base.

In terms of wear, the liner stayed on for me all day as long as I had my eyelids primed with Urban Decay Primer Potion. There was no smudging or migration of colour. I haven't tried this yet but the product would make a great eyeshadow base for dark, smoky looks since the texture is creamy yet dries fairly quick.

Overall, I felt that the Smudgeliners are worth trying if you like having an all-in-one type of product that can act as a liner, eyeshadow base, and comes with its own brush. Some may be put off by its small size, but if you are me, who isn't faithful to only one gel liner, the pot is more than enough to last a long time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a pretty good liner but considering the size I think I'd rather go for one of the other ones. The color is so pretty though. Thanks for the great review!

PB said...

You know what? This looks suspiciously like the Silkygirl gel liner! I haven't tried it myself but it comes in the same packaging and I hear its nice. Maybe I should go take a look at it ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin